My Books!

Friday, November 15, 2013

Saturday Sample: Blue 52

Welcome to my Saturday Sample. My excerpt today comes from Blue 52 which will be released December 1 by Whiskey Creek Press. Blue 52 is a mainstream romance. First a blurb, then an excerpt.

Blurb:

"First Lady Kills President Lovinggood"

December 29, 2018

 
Thirty years later Hank Lovinggood embarks on a quest to prove his mother's innocence and punish the killers who took his family from him.  Together Hank and lovely physicist Kathryn Sinclair confront an implacable, twisted, merciless enemy who'll do whatever it takes to hide the truth forever. 


Excerpt: In this excerpt, my hero and my heroine meet at the mall while Christmas shopping. The two of them got off to a bad start, but things are looking up.


"You’re wearing blue today," he said, ignoring the neutral subject of nieces. "I’ve never seen you in anything but red. That electric blue is wonderful on you."

Electric blue! What a nice way to describe her sweater, and…and he had a nice expression on his face too. Lots of men had given compliments to her, but few of them had had such sweet expressions on their faces when they did so.

"I’ve never seen you wearing anything but dress clothes," Kathryn pointed out, refusing to dwell on Hank’s expression.

Hank took hold of the pocket on his jeans. "I’m wearing jeans today."

"Yes, but you’re also wearing a white dress shirt."

He grinned. "I do have a lot of them. What color do you think I should wear?"

"Blue." She stumbled as a woman pushed her from behind. They were in everyone’s way.

"Like your sweater?"

"No, that’s too blue for you. You need a softer shade."

Hank shifted the shopping bag to his other hand. "Tell you what. I’ll carry the horses to the car for you if you’ll go shopping with me. You can help me pick out some blue shirts."

Kathryn didn’t bother to analyze either his invitation or her answer. "You’ve got a deal.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment