My Books!

Sunday, May 25, 2014

Snippet Sunday and Weekend Writing Warriors

Welcome to Snippet Sunday. Here's the secret some of you have been waiting to find out. I'm picking up from where I left off last week. My hero came home with life changing news for his wife. Totally unedited. See anything I need to fix?  From my latest WIP:

“Who’s the boy?” she asked as she stared at the blonde child in the photo. “He looks like a Landers.”
“He is.”
“Well? Are you going to make me pull it out of you? Who is he?”

The buzzing dizziness he’d felt earlier returned with a vengeance. “He’s my son.”

Find more participating authors at:
http://www.wewriwa.com
http://www.https://www.facebook.com/groups/SnippetSunday/


17 comments:

  1. Brilliantly written. Simple,very realistic dialogue. The answer he gives his wife explains the white noise in his head.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! now we need to know the reaction to such revelation! great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Once he accepts it himself, he can answer with pride, "He's my son!"
    Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Still a lot of tensions here. Revelations always have reactions. Can't wait for that. Simply but beautifully written.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, can't wait for the backstory on this...a very tense moment for them. Excellent excerpt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Life changing, indeed! Nicely done, Elaine. I really want to know more!

    ReplyDelete
  7. No wonder he's been afraid that this could bring his world crashing down. I'm looking forward to her reaction.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, that's a helluva bombshell. Great snippet, Elaine. I think it flows pretty well as is.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice. I'm relieved it's not something terrible. Life altering, yes, but possibly hopeful. Like everyone else, I can't wait to see her response.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh there's a "what happens next??" moment if I ever saw one! Strong excerpt, Elaine. Cliffhanger!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How old is the child compared to his marriage?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sue Ann, the boy is seven, and they've been married for ten years.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just how understanding can a wife be? You've got us hanging here. Is it Sunday yet? Terrific, Elaine.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think it's working. You've got strong dialogue and have ratcheted up the tension.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ouch. Poor... everyone. :-( Really well done.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my, quite a revelation. I'm certainly intrigued by what his wife has to say.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh that's not what you would expect to hear from your husband.
    Now so many things can happen.

    ReplyDelete